Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fall Saturday's are for College Football

Saturdays in the fall months are just made for college football junkies, like myself.  After I wake up and make my first cup of coffee, the games begin - SEC mostly, but I'll check out some of the others if they're exciting.
The Florida Gators are my team of choice, now for over 25 years, although I also cheer for my actual alma mater, the University of Louisiana at Monroe.  This season, both are doing very well and will represent their schools in post-season bowl games.  As always, the stakes are high for the Gators and the possibility to win the SEC title is still alive.
We just need Georgia to lose next week.  It sounds easy enough, but Wendy is a Georgia Bulldog fan.  Yes, I'm revealing deep personal info here - I married a Georgia fan!  Call it love, or a momentary lapse of judgment that's lasted 22 years, or whatever you want to call it, but she's mine.  And I want her team to lose.
Hmmmmm - quite a dilemma I have myself in, eh?
Oh well, maybe the SEC championship game isn't that important - Have a blessed weekend and enjoy your football - and your Jesus!
Aloha -

No comments: