Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The joys of golf


Every morning as I'm taking the kids to school, we pass by the Kaanapali Golf courses. The morning groups are already out on the course and we usually see someone swinging at their shot, someone driving a cart, someone putting on a green and someone digging in the bushes for their ball. But I usually say, "Man! I could play golf everyday!" to which Taylor usually responds with, "You say that every morning, Dad." But, I really mean it. Golf is one of those sports that is great to play at any age and usually is filled with adventures (in my case, at least 85-90 of them per round!) It also is the place where I can generally forget about everything and enjoy the fellowship of others regardless of my score. You might play with friends or someone you've never played with before. Each time is a new chance to just be a child of the King, enjoying what He has given you for the moment. We need those places in our lives where we can relax and recharge. Golf happens to be one of my 'places.' Enjoy this day that the Lord has made for you and find time to recharge with Him.
Aloha -

No comments: