Friday, September 14, 2012

Can you hear me now?

In addition to serving the great people of Lahaina Baptist as their pastor, I also have the privilege to serve the men and women of the Maui Police Department as Police Chaplain. As part of my MPD-issued equipment, I have a cellphone that has a different number from my regular cellphone - but everyone, even the department, usually uses my regular cellphone. So last year, to help save the department a little money, I turned my MPD cellphone back in to turn it off until they determined that I needed it back. They determined last week that I needed it back, so I have a nice new phone. As I turned the new phone on, several messages came in, some even dated back to a few weeks after I turned my phone back in. I spent a few minutes this morning (after I spent an hour learning how to listen to the messages!) checking those messages and calling two individuals back regarding their calls. It was somewhat embarrassing to say that I had my phone turned off and I missed their calls. It actually reminded me that I often have my mind turned off to God and I know He's trying to 'get in touch' with me. I sometimes wish He would leave me a message, you know like, "Hey Chris - it's Me. You need to call Me - the sooner, the better. Talk to you in a few. Love you!" Thankfully, He always keeps trying to call me instead of leaving a message. He's persistent - and that's awesome!
I hope you have a great day today and remember to keep your phone on - the line between you and God. He's going to call you about something soon - don't wait for Him to say, "Can you hear me now?" Aloha -

No comments: