Thursday, September 11, 2008

Deep In Thought

When you're surrounded by the vastness of the Pacific Ocean, the distance between places seems to grow. I look to the horizon and I can't see anything other than what is just a few miles away. According to GoogleEarth, I am geographically closer to the capital of Japan than the capital of my own country. Deep blue water confines me to this island, separating me from the rest of the world. What is below the surface? How many miles down does the bottom reach? More questions about distance fill my mind. Yet, I never have to wonder about where God is. His ways are higher and deeper and greater than I could ever know or imagine, but His presence is closer than I could ever need. He may appear to be distant to me at times, but I know that is only in my perception of Him because He is always with me. Today is a great day, regardless of it's outcome because my Lord is with me. I pray you have a great day also. Be blessed.
Aloha -

No comments: