Monday, September 15, 2008

Welcome Home

A few moments ago, I saw a rare sight on Maui - a hearse. In other places that I have lived, funerals are fairly common and the funeral homes and hearses are visible, but that's not a regular experience here. A few blocks down the street from my office is a Catholic church where a funeral is being held this morning. Seeing that as I drove past reminded me that life here is great, but very short compared to eternity. Some day, this life on earth will end and I'll begin eternity with God. Although I love this life, I can't wait to have Him look into my eyes and say, "Welcome Home."
I listen to the O.C. Supertones on occasion and one of my favorite songs is entitled, "Welcome Home." Here are a few of the lyrics:
Well, It's time like these and it's days like this
that remind me I'm living in the wilderness,
And you don't know when trouble's gonna come your way
Or when God's gonna give or take it away.

This life,
This life is fleeting,
Everything's dyin',
But one day I'll awake,
All my problems and my sin,
They won't mattter to me then,
"Son, welcome home."

The last verse states:
But I'm still here,
And I'm tired,
tired of sin and struggling,
tired of almost everything
and sometimes, small and clear
I could swear that I could hear
angels voices in my ear
sayin' welcome home.

Have a blessed day thinking that one day, you'll be home.
Aloha -

No comments: