Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Crank It Up!

Today, I am about to enjoy one of my many joys in being a pastor. I love preaching the Word, sharing the Gospel, worshipping with the saints, fellowshipping around the table, serving in Jesus' name and so many other joys, but this morning, I am mowing the grass at the church. Man, I love it! Andy is on vacation for a couple of weeks, so I'll weed-eat a little and then crank up that mower and pretend to be a NASCAR driver for about an hour. Hanging curves around the trees and dodging the flower beds -- watch out, Daytona! But, really I enjoy the solitude of the droning sound of the engine so I can think a little. God and I can talk without distractions. I'm alone behind the wheel and I find that time to be a special time. I thank the Lord for the times we share together wherever they may be. Have a blessed day in whatever you may be doing with God.
Aloha -

No comments: