Friday, October 31, 2008

My Ministry



Living in Hawaii, I often hear the good-natured, but sarcastic statements about "suffering for Jesus in Maui," usually followed by "Yeah, right!" I get accused of surfing for Jesus more than suffering. Just in case you have ever wondered, let me clear the air on this topic. It is often sinful-feeling to be able to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of a place like this while serving our Lord, but it is still ministry, nonetheless. I enjoy meeting people from around the world on a daily basis and helping them grow in their relationship with Christ. I may speak with millionaires and homeless in the same converation or teach the Bible to the highly educated and illiterate together. I may share Christ with the addicts of drugs and alcohol or the addicts of surfing and laziness at the same time with both of them looking for the Deliverer of their addictions. There are many more examples, but I think you can realize that ministry is whatever God has us doing according to His will in the places where He has placed us. As I go about "ministry" today, I hope God blesses yours, too.
Aloha -

1 comment:

tmccain said...

Brother Chris, I wanted to let you know how your blog spoke to my heart today. My wife Teresa and I visited your awesome church
June 07. We loved the worship and fellowship. Teresa and I are planning on going to Hawaii soon for mission ministry and as I tell people this I get the same reaction as you do. However when I tell them the homeless stories,drug problems, and different religions the people are faced with, they start understanding their is a ministry need in Hawaii. Teresa and I are praying for Gods lead and timing. Pray for us as we seek the time to go and as we prepare our way. We will be going as MSC missionaries and thus we will fund our way through the NAMB. Pray for us as we pray for you and your awesome church. In HIS love, Darrell