Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh My!


The day has come - my little girl is 16! Just a few short days ago, she was all of three pounds, twelve ounces in the NICU at Baptist Medical Center in Jacksonville, Florida. She came six weeks early because she couldn't wait for her turn in the regular part of the newborn section of the hospital. She had to get out and check things out! She still is that way today. But, she's also still Daddy's Girl. She has grown to be a lovely young lady, just a beautiful as her Mother, yet with some of Dad's good qualities (if you can believe that I have any.) Her days are filled with smiles and joy and friends that text all day and night. On occasion, she may grumble about doing chores or having homework, but is mostly a happy young lady. I know, one day soon, I'll see her go to college, get married, get her first real job and many other facets of life, but for now I'm struggling with today. My little girl is growing up and I pray for God's protection, wisdom and joy to be hers. Happy Birthday, Sis! I love you - Dad
Aloha -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWW!! my lil taylor is growing up!! i miss you guys so much! and i cant wait to see you all at christmas. i love and miss you all!! lacy lou