Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Morning Quarterback

Usually football fans think they know exactly what must have been done for their team to win the game. These fans that vocalize their opinions are called 'Monday morning quarterbacks' because they are not on the field, but they have it all figured out just in case they were to be called in next game! I watched the Lahainaluna/Baldwin game this Saturday night in which our beloved Lunas ended up one point short of a victory on the scoreboard, but many points ahead in being true winners. I have had the privilege to be on many sport teams of many different levels with many great coaches and talented athletes. Even though I have experienced intense rivalries and high pressure situations all the way to National Championships, I have never seen a team of players give their all for an entire game as I witnessed from this Luna team on Saturday night. I watched young men battle injuries and cramps, fatigue and all of the other trials faced on the field, but they never gave up until the time was out on the clock. I am impressed with the determination of these young men to leave everything they had on the field and not hold anything back. They played with the respect, dignity and class that was expected of them. Regardless of the score, Lahainaluna High School is proud of the team that represented them Saturday. My hat is off to you, Lunas, and I'll keep proudly supporting you until we bring home the state championship trophy his year! Imua!
Aloha -

No comments: